Tuesday 4 October 2011

Cries Of The Heart


I awoke on a rainy evening. I was on the sofa, alone in the house. I rubbed my eyes and let out a long sigh.

Back into reality. Back into my misery. 

I shivered. I was so cold. Even so, I would not move. Something was wrong. Something always felt wrong.

If only.. Just only.. I knew what it was.

The red curtains were draped over the windows, casting gloomy, dark red shadows around the house and making the atmosphere even more sombre and melancholic.

The pattering of the rain on the window-sill was the only reminder that there was an outside world. At times like this, I wished I hadn't woken up from my dream in the first place. In dreams, nothing mattered.

No problems.. and no worries.

Reality is a tad bit more cruel.

In perfection, there are flaws. In happiness, there is sadness. In truths, there are lies. In love, there is hate.

I've always believed that fantasies will always come true at the end of the day. That happily ever afters do exist. Yet, I'm still awaiting mine. Awaiting the day when the uneasiness in my heart would finally disappear.

I lied back down on the sofa and closed my eyes. Until that day, I suppose i'd rather be with myself and my dreams. A chill ran through my body and I shivered again.

I let out another sigh and let the darkness reclaim me. Releasing my grasp on reality, I hoped that when I awake again, the sun would welcome me. Though I won't bet on it.

-Izzat R.

No comments:

Post a Comment