Wednesday 9 October 2013

Slumber



  I walked out into the dark, cold night as the last stragglers scurried back to their homes. I shivered as a breeze wafted by. The cold was not to my liking, but I knew I needed to do this. I marched up a hill all alone with nothing but my shadow by my side. Silhouettes lingered right outside my vision, threatening to end my sorry existence. But this was important. I knew I had to do it, because it was the only way. The only way to talk to you.

As I approached the peak, a familiar face greeted me. 'The Man In The Moon' they call it. The face of the moon that always greets me, no matter what phase it is in. And tonight, it was the full moon. The most important night of all. And there it was, in all its majestic glory. I looked up at the moon and the thoughts ran through my mind like they always did.

My love for you is unparalleled by any other, even as the miles separate our physical selves. A love so powerful, no shadow has dared approach me. Your very presence so radiant, it illuminates the world and pierces through the cold darkness. You guide the lost. You give them hope. You give ME hope. Your beauty and charm so undeniable, the tides bow to your gravity. You pull me into your own personal orbit.

I love you so, but I can do nothing now but hope. Hope that while I prepare to enter my slumber, you will rise with me in your mind. Hope that you will continue in your regular path while I'm gone. Hope that you will continue to give those around you your shining grace. And hope that you're on the other side of the oceans, looking up at the very same moon, hearing me talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment